Monday, December 15, 2008

So close, but no baby...

I rolled over in bed this morning (after having some pretty strong cramps most of the night), and said to Philip, "I think this might be the day", and he said, "For what?" and I said, "The baby!" and he said, "Ohhh..." I did end up having contractions most of the day, even some pretty decent ones... and I worked around the house, getting all the last minute things ready... but by early evening, they had pretty much taken their leave... =0/ I'm so bummed. I know some people have a lot of Braxton Hicks on and off before they actually go into labor but I didn't ever have Any contractions with Keenan until it was the real thing, so this was a bit of a surprise.

Keenan is feeling pretty yucky with the popular cough/cold combo that's going around. He's been tired, cranky and very "hug needy" all day and his nose runs like a tap. Poor guy...

While I was on the phone today (in the same room), he did this:

"This cutlery drawer needs to be reorganized, Momma!"

Philip started a Geriatrics rotation today that has much nicer hours than he's had recently, so it will be nice to spend more time with him in the evenings.

Since the version, I've definitely noticed a change in my comfort level, as the baby's head is putting a lot of pressure on my bladder especially... not so much fun. It feels like he/she has moved down even more in the last couple of days, and is hopefully getting ready to exit the premises soon!

No comments: