Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Cookies

Keenan and I have had a pretty slow paced, relaxed day today, so I thought we'd take the time and make some Christmas sugar cookies. Keenan's Great Grandma Eberts sent us an awesome set of Nativity cookie cutters in the mail, as well as a beautiful book about Christmas cookies. It's a little early, but I figured that now was as good a time as any (before the baby comes) to make them and to read the book together!

Cutting out cookies

Most of the nativity crew stamped out (baby Jesus is already on the tray)

Keenan rolling the dough

video
Him in action

His favorite part, cleaning out the bowl!

Tasting some of the first cookies out of the oven

The complete set, along with the book

While I was doing laundry, Keenan put his hamper on his head and started spinning around the kitchen and asked me to take a "peetcher"...

What a goof

5 comments:

Mom E said...

You beat us to the punch with the cookies. We plan to use our Nativity set tomorrow. The video was adorable...but really, how could it not be when you consider the subject. OK, so I'm a little biased...lol.
Love, Mom and Gr'ma

Jessica said...

nice apron!

Joia said...

I'm a big fan of the apron myself.. =)

The Woodford's said...

Adorable video for sure! He reminded me of Kyla there a little bit - and Tim said he did the other day in one of the pictures. Kind of funny since he looks so much like Philip. Guess there's a little Woodford in both of them! =) Love to you all!

Anonymous said...

It's definitely NOT too early! I'm almost done :) (Of course I don't have a toddler and a bun in the oven :) I love the nativity set.
Take care
L:)