Wednesday, October 29, 2008

We've Been Boo-ed! =)

No, this isn't a bad thing, like someone booing you because they don't like what you're doing... this is a fun Halloween tradition that I'd never heard of before this year!

Last night, Philip and I heard voices outside and a few giggles, and when I checked the door, this sign was stuck to it...

...and there was a little treat bag hanging on the door too...

I Googled it, and this it what I found out (for those of you who have never heard of this before).

You've Been BOOed!


They're popping up in a neighborhood near you: "We've Been BOOed!" signs that fly from house to house. What's behind it all?

You've been BOOed! Welcome to the wonderful world of BOO-ing.

It's a Halloween take on "Secret Santa" or May baskets: secretly leaving small gift bags or BOO baskets, a BOO poem, BOO instructions and a BOO sign at a neighbor's door.

In turn, the neighbor is asked to BOO two others, leading to a chain reaction--and Halloween fun.

To start a BOO, use our free printable BOO kit. We've got a one-page poem/instructions sheet, and three different BOO signs to make it easy to start a BOO in your neighborhood.

Print two copies of the BOO poem, and two copies of your favorite BOO sign. Add them to a small gift basket, then deliver the BOOs secretly to a friend's doorstep--and watch the BOO signs multiply.

Ready? Set? BOO!

So that's that... a "Halloween Pay it Forward" if you will...=) I guess I need to get someone else now!

5 comments:

Flakymn said...

These are all over base ... I had thought it was just a base thing.

Mom W. said...

What a base thing to do... = ) Sorry couldn't resist the pun... Sounds fun...

crazystegmamaof3 said...

We were boo-ed too a few weeks ago and I had never heard of such a thing! The kids loved it though! :)

Jen said...

Hmmmm? I wonder who would have done such a thing?

Natalie Tanner said...

We just moved into a new neighborhood and the doorbell rang, introducing us to this fun tradition!

I write about adventures with the kids and all things travel www.theeducationaltourist.com and would love for you to stop by.

Thanks for sharing!
Natalie, The Educational Tourist