Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11th

Today, like every year on this day, I can't help but think of the families of the 2,974 people who died in the terrorist attacks. May we never forget the brevity of life, and those who fight to protect this country.


I had MOPS this morning, and we had a really good time. We were talking about our Identity (as a wife, mother,etc...) and all the roles that entails. For our craft we made bracelets and put one of our favorite roles on it. Here's my bracelet:

It says, "Philip's Girl" =)

Here's the rest of the group working on the craft...



Keenan is still adjusting to being in the older class. Since he missed his nap this morning, he was asleep on Carla's shoulder when I went to get him!

This however, seemed to be Just enough that he didn't nap at all before we had to go to speech therapy!

Since he didn't sleep... we decided to go to the park at Uptown Station to use up our time before 1:30. He'd never been to this playground and really liked it.

"Um, I think maybe this web thingy is too big for me..."

"The slide - much better!"

Weee!

Off we go again

We ran into one of my friends from MOPS there as well, with her two girls. Her oldest wanted to go in the splash park, and obviously Keenan did too, so...

Off he went!

I had no bathing suit or swimmy diaper with me, so he just went in his diaper (which very soon weighed about ten pounds!) =)


His favorite

After his nap this afternoon, he was running a fever of 102.7. When I picked Philip up, we had our doctor check Keenan's ears and they seemed clear, thankfully. With the help of Tylenol and Motrin it seems to have gone down. Maybe he's getting more teeth or something.

I'm off to book club...Ciao!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When Reagan was around his age he would get fevers as high as 103.9 all the time...randomly. I would never even know he was feeling bad til I felt him and he was burning up. So glad his ears are fine! Love, Jessica

Anonymous said...

Hey Joia,
Because I always see pictures of Keenan at Splash pads, I assumed that all kids love them! But when we had Marika and Shaelyn for a day before they left, they were not big fans at all! Marika finally got into it about halfway through, but Shaelyn NEVER went into/under anything, and believe me, I tried. All she would do was sit in a puddle by a drain that was really far from any splashing/falling water. How weird is that? Anyway, I enjoy reading your posts and seeing all your pictures.
Love you,
Rebekah