Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday Mumblings

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. Other than meeting with our home group down the street for lunch (and the beginning of our study on Jonah), we just hung out here at the house.
Philip's day started really early yesterday, since he got up and went to the airport to see a bunch of his coworkers off who were deploying for four to six months. =0/

Keenan and I visited with Frank and Myrtle this morning. He had a blast as usual, running around the yard and playing with the car they have for him to ride around in. He also ate three cookies, half and apple and a glass of iced tea from Myrtle! =)

Smelling a flower...so cute!

He had a great time pushing and carrying this bucket around

...and then Frank put him in it! =)

Peek a boo!

Beautiful double hibiscus

I went to my fitness class this afternoon (with Keenan). My instructor said if I ever needed to bring him along, he could play in the kid area and she'd have me do stuff close by where I could see him. He did all right at first, but by the last five minutes of my 15 minutes of cardio on the bike, he was done. I was sort of relieved actually, since I would have been doing all of my stuff (alone) right beside the "kid corral" and there were at least 10 people on exercise machines facing that way who would have been watching me the whole time! Not that cool.. =0/

After we left the gym and bought groceries, we got to pick Philip up from work before 4:30, yay!!

Totally random note... I just looked up the nutritional values of a regular Java Chiller from Sonic... 540 calories and 18 grams of fat! I think for the most part, I'll be sticking with a cranberry limeade instead (150 calories).


5 comments:

Bruce said...

Hey Joia,

I rarely comment on your blog but check it out daily to see what's going on in your lives!

But I was just wondering....How do the calories in Sonic's Java Chiller compare with those in Timmies' Ice Capp??

Lots of love,
Dad W

Anonymous said...

Good question!
L:)

Mom W. said...

Don't answer this one, he probably just wants me to quit drinking Ice Capps = ) Just kidding, maybe...

Beautiful hibiscus!!! Beautiful boy!!

Joia said...

There are 400 calories in a Tim Horton's Butter Caramel Iced Cap Supreme (that seemed to be the closest to a Java Chiller). This is for the small.

Dad, I can't believe you left a comment, and that it was THIS one! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Your dad is cracking me up. Your mom too! I love to stay ignorant about the calories I am taking in. I think they end up being less when you don't know... :) Love, Jessica