Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sweets and my sweetie (one of them, that is)

Keenan decided to get up at 5:45 this morning. After attempting (unsuccessfully) to get him to go back to sleep, I decided we may as well go for our walk if we were up anyway. We headed out at 6:07 and it was deliciously cool. There was a little thunder rumbling in the distance, but I was hoping to beat the rain. We didn't. It got us about five minutes after we left, but there was no lightening, so we kept going anyway. It soon stopped and we had a good rest of our walk. A few blocks from home, I realized that Keenan had fallen asleep! He has Never done that in here before! (Hmmm... maybe somebody got up too early???)

Sleepy rider

I made dessert for the wifa lunch tomorrow and Keenan happily cleaned out the bowl for me (he also ended up with dough on his face, hands, legs, and in his hair!) =)

Tomorrow night, our MOPS group is doing a fundraiser Italian dinner and there will also be a bake sale. I decided to make chocolate peanut butter fudge.

One batch ready to be packaged

I was planning to get some cute boxed for the fudge, but couldn't find what I was looking for, so... I bought these two cans at the dollar store (filled with Doritos and Cheetos), washed them out and covered them with different scrapbook papers and added tissue paper and tags.

Hopefully they sell!

Keenan loves my new exercise ball =)

Getting in some good reading (check out the title!)

* I've added a new recipe to the dessert blog.

3 comments:

Grandma W. said...

Looks like profitable reading Keenan, but you shouldn't get up so early to read...

Anonymous said...

LOL. I especially liked the other book he tossed aside (the emotional intelligence appraisal) in order to read something way more interesting (60 seconds w/ God). What a hoot...and oh so, smart! Love, Mom

Aimee said...

PUHLEASE post the fudge recipe! I am trying my hardest to find a recipe like my former pastor's wife used to make and nothing has come close. Would love to give yours a shot!