Friday, August 15, 2008

I guess it's about time I blogged

Sorry about the lack of a post yesterday. I meant to blog when I got home last night and just forgot and went to bed.

Four of us were at book club last night. We went to Bombay Masala, an Indian restaurant owned by one of the doctors at Eglin. I haven't eaten a lot of Indian food, but this was delicious!

I don't handle spicy foods very well, so I ordered a dish that the waiter assured me "was not spicy AT ALL". Well, to him it probably wasn't, but every few mouthfulls, my mouth heated up a little more and I had to stop halfway through! =)

My appetizer - Onion Bahji (deep fried clusters of onion and spices)

My vegetable curry and the garlic naan bread in the background

Becky, Andrea, Me and Sarah

I'm 20 weeks pregnant today! I guess that means that our little "bun in the oven" is half baked, right? (That doesn't sound very nice though, I guess). My next OB appointment is on Tuesday, so we'll see how everything is going and (sigh) how much weight I've gained so far. Overall, I feel amazing though and have no complaints! =)

Me today

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't stress, you look GREAT! Sincerely, you do. Oh, and loved the 'half baked' comment...hey, if it's a girl, you could name her "Bunny"...uh huh, I Am tired (and hap-slappy). lol.

Can't wait 2 C U all again in 2 weeks!! So excited too...my bro' Dave might be here also....riding here from MO on his Harley.....oh yeah, I'm already dusting off my (official HD)leather jacket cuz(this) momma is goin' riding!!! woo hoo

Love, Mom E.

Anonymous said...

hey joia!
you look awesome! i wanted to tell you too that i bought a house so if you want to see what it looks like you can check it out on facebook. i put the pics on there! im so excited i cant wait. hope all is well down in the south! its cold up here lol. anyways take care! love ya guys!
Kristin