Sunday, August 3, 2008

I Fought The Yard . . .

. . . and the yard won.

The proof is in the picture below of my arms after two days of working in the yard from 4:30 to 7:30 or 8 (late hours to avoid the AM rain and the worst of the heat).

Between the Kudzu vines and the wild blackberry vines, our yard still packs quite the punch, or scratch I guess.

Joia and Keenan are safely back in the USA. They drove from her parents to stay the night with some of my family (Aunt, Uncle, three cousins and dog) in Michigan before flying HOME tomorrow. Woo Hoo! I have quite a bit of family in SE Michigan but everyone decided to split when they heard Keenan was coming to eat them out of house and home. Well, not exactly, but most of them are out of town so it was nice that they got to see Keenan when he and I went up a little while back for Timothy's funeral.

Anywho, Joia didn't get a chance to blog today so she asked me to drop a quick post. Fear not, regular blogging from the pro will resume by Tuesday at the latest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I realize I may be somewhat biased, but I think you've done a bang up job keeping the blog alive in the blog-queen's absence. No pun intended based on today's photos. :-)

You oughta' call TMI and see if they'll send a team to tackle your yard! lol.

Love,
Mom