Sunday, August 31, 2008

Farewell August

I can't believe it's almost September! Tomorrow my oldest brother, Tim and his wife Stephanie and their three girls leave for their move to Mexico. Please keep them in your prayers. We are so excited for this new step in their lives but will miss them soo very much as well.

Today has been another great day. I went to church with Mom and Jeff this morning and Philip stayed home with Keenan, since it was naptime. A bunch of family joined us for a delicious lunch (Jeff grilled burgers and chicken and Mom made some great salad and dip and I made an ice cream cake for dessert). The afternoon has been spent playing Guitar Hero, Dance Dance Revolution, Last Word, Uno Stacko, and now there is a rousing game of Spoons going on. Lots of fun!

Just before Keenan had his bath and went to bed, Philip, Isaac, Keenan and I went to see a litter of Lab mix puppies a few miles away. They were nine weeks old and there were seven of them running around.... sooo cute! I have some adorable pictures to post when I'm able. =) Keenan was pretty overwhelmed from all the puppies jumping and licking, and we all got Filthy, but it was really fun!

We head out fairly early in the morning for home. See you all when I'm posting from the Mac again! =)

4 comments:

Flakymn said...

Did you take home a puppy?!?!

Anonymous said...

It was so hard to see you guys leave today. I'm so glad U. Dave stayed behind for awhile so as to spread out the goodbyes! (btw, I finally got to go for a ride on his Harley before he left!) It's so hard to be the ones who are "left behind". I echo Jessica's comments from yesterday's blog. (lmk if you need "lasagna fiasco photos").

It was so wonderful to have everyone here. Yesterday was the highlight of the weekend for me. It was fun to peek in the living room yesterday, and watch you and Philip playing guitar hero too. I wanted to play but just couldn't interrupt the fun you 2 were having together! :-) I was glad to finally play Uno Stacko with you and equally pleased you decided to join us in playing "spoons". I still laugh thinking about how much fun that was!

It was especially wonderful having some "special time" with Keenan this morning before you left too. He is so sweet. Thanks again for making the long trip here.

Last, but not least, thank you Joia, for all your help while here and for making all those wonderful desserts! The highlight of all the meals made for sure.

We love you and miss you,

Mom, Jeff, Isaac and Erik

Anonymous said...

wow. comment. NOT novel. J/K hehe Love, Jessica

denise said...

you are funny, Jess.