Friday, August 8, 2008

Big Mess, Big Fun!

I came across a recipe for edible finger paint for babies the other day and decided to try it out yesterday since it was a rainy, yucky day.

Here's the recipe: Mix together 1 cup of flour and 1 cup of water. Pour into several bowls and add food coloring. This made enough paint for 2 or 3 kids, so I would probably only make half as much next time. Here's how that went!

All ready to paint!

He wasted NO time in getting right into it!

video

What an artist...

He was clapping his hands (and splattering paint everywhere!) =)

Finishing with his last piece

I Love painting!

When he was done with painting on paper, we still had tons of paint left (that wasn't going to keep well, I don't think), so I put him in the bathtub with it and let him paint in there!

Beautiful work...

Somebody needs a bath!!

Putting the finishing touches on the tub

A bubble bath turned him back to his normal color and then he took a nap while I cleaned up
(next time I'll put newspaper on the table first!)

His artwork on display in the kitchen

2 comments:

Mom W. said...

I think you should have entitled it "Keenan Art" or "Painting by Keenan" or "Budding Artist?" Did you demonstrate something first to give him the idea?? Looks like he enjoyed it anyway... = )

Liz said...

love the bathtub idea!