Monday, July 21, 2008

Three beaches in one hour...

This morning when I took Philip in to work, I headed to the lab to do my one hour glucose test. Yum! Andrew watched Keenan at home for me, gave him breakfast, changed a (poopy!) diaper, and even had him take a nap! WOW! Check out his blog for the whole story! =)
When I got home, we packed a lunch and headed to Destin. I needed a couple things at Old Time Pottery, and we got a few things at Wal-Mart as well. Then we headed to the Air Force beach on Okaloosa Island. Unfortunately, when I had Andrew go check on the water conditions (I didn't want to go in if it was going to be filled with algea like it was on the 4th), he said that yes, it was pretty bad. Bummer! We stayed and had our lunch in the pavilion anyway.

Me (and tiny), Keenan and Andrew having lunch

After lunch, we decided to head over to the bay side and see if the beach conditions were any better. We saw lots of signs on 98 saying that we couldn't park on the paved shoulder, so we pulled off into the sand (like we had seen lots of others do). We immediately got stuck! Fortunately, it wasn't too bad and Andrew was able to push us out.

We went a little further up, where the sand wasn't so deep, Andrew checked the water (which was great), and headed to the beach with our stuff while I put sunscreen on Keenan. At this point, a Sherrif's deputy came along and told us that we couldn't park there at All, or we'd get a ticket if a cop came along! Poor Andrew packed our stuff back up, and we drove a little further to where the Sheriff had said there was a place with parking and bathrooms. It was perfect! The water was as clear as can be, no waves, and Keenan could play much more safely without me constantly being afraid he'd get washed away! I may Never go back to the Gulf side again! =)

Keenan playing in the sand

...and tasting it

I put one of the chairs in the water and it was sooo comfy and relaxing!

The boys after getting each other muddy =)

video
Here's a short video of a hermit crab!

Keenan taking a gulp of sand and salt water - yuck!

We stayed for about an hour and a half and then packed up and went to Sonic for happy hour drinks on the way home.

Last night Andrew and I played several games of Uno Stacko (for those of you who don't know... it's a combination of Jenga and Uno - very fun!) We got better each time we played and ended up working on our Ninth new layer!

With one of our first towers

Andrew taking a turn on the precariously teetering eighth layer

Look at it leaning!

video
Here's video of a few tense moments on our tallest one yet!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two things. Might wanna clarify the sonic happy hour thing. LOL! Just kidding. And, at first, I thought Andrew just had an odd hair growth pattern on his chest...looking closer, I realized it was mud. =) Looks like you guys are having a blast! Love you, Jessica

Mom W. said...

Wow, how have I failed, I never taught my boys how to change a diaper??? I think Rob changed his first just this past week too... how weird is that??

Mom again said...

Rob says it wasn't his first... whatever.

Anonymous said...

Funny story about "manny Andrew" here and on his blog. So glad you're having fun and getting some help too.
Love, Mom E