Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Shopping and Speech

Keenan and I headed into Fort Walton Beach this morning to do some shopping. We went to Wal-Mart and picked up a few random things, as well as stocking stuffers. Yup, I said stocking stuffers (my family is doing our stockings together when I'm home on vacation since we won't all be together at Christmas!) =)

I got a little turned around going from one side of FWB to the other, and we came across a cute little "Sunshine Park". We had loads of time before we needed to be at his speech therapy assessment, so we parked in the shade and had lunch and then he played for a while.

"Okay, I just have to get myself syched up to go down the slide.."

"Woohoo!"

Crazy, static hair!!

Riding the fire truck

"Woah, Mom, have you put on some weight??"

Fun shot

After we left the park, Keenan fell asleep in the car (thankfully, since he had a really rough night and hadn't napped yet) for about 45 minutes before his appointment.

Snoozin'

The appointment went really well. He pretty much got to play on the floor with fun toys and they watched him and asked him to do things or give them things and then assessed his comprehension and level of communication. They said that his social skills and comprehension are excellent but that he would probably benefit from several sessions of therapy. We just have to wait and see if our insurance will cover it.
One of the questions the woman asked me was, "If he's asleep and you call his name, does he wake up?" My first thought was, "WHY would I DO that???" (Do I Look like a crazy person?)

Pretty fun therapy!

After Keenan's nap this afternoon we went to the splash park on base. I met a really nice woman and her kids who are new to the area. Her husband also happens to be a doctor (Internal Medicine). She took my name and number since she doesn't know Anyone here yet!


2 comments:

Flakymn said...

Joia, that cracked me up. Why WOULD you do that?! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I completely agree. What would you possibly need from your child if they are SLEEPING?!?! Crazy lady. LOL! Love, Jessica