Friday, July 11, 2008

It's a rainy day...

This morning Keenan and I walked to the post office to mail something for Philip. We got there about 15 minutes early, so we waited in the lobby with a friendly woman who also came early. (Keenan was incredibly shy, very weird) Before I put the envelope in the mail, I just needed to double check that it had enough postage. After all that wait, the post master said it was fine! =) Oh well, we needed to get out and get at least a Little exercise. I was doing so well at the beginning of my pregnancy, going out at about 6:30 with Keenan and walking for 40 minutes... then the pregnancy exhaustion got me and I didn't want to get up that early, and it's too hot later in the day... and well, we haven't been walking very much lately. =0/

It started raining as we were walking home and we Just made it in the door before it downpoured!! Whew!

With all the rain coming down, the house was pretty dark inside, so Keenan had a great time, prowling around with his tiger flashlight.

My flash totally cancels out the fact that it Was dark in the hallway

When he got bored of that, he found a post it note pad and made a bunch of little ones!

Such a big helper...

I decided that a good "rainy day activity" would be to build a fort! I haven't done that in quite some time, and had a lot of fun! Keenan really seems to like it too....

It's not much to look at on the outside...

but it's cozy and comfortable!

We later added an addition... a secret tunnel out the back!

Oh, we also found out today that Keenan likes raw macaroni! Yuck!


2 comments:

Mom W. said...

Interesting, Marika and Shaelyn built a fort/house under a table and chairs in the living room here too and had a blast - but it wasn't raining, we could use some of that rain. =(

Liz said...

i remember loving raw macaroni as a kid...and raw potatoes and uncooked oats!