Monday, July 14, 2008

Making a mess... and pizza

Philip left the house this morning close to 7:00 (compared to 5:45), how awesome is that?? He also got home before dark, which I love! I could get used to this Ambulatory rotation... =)

Keenan has been a little "off" the last couple days (we're not sure why) and has been up a lot in the night, so he and I have had to work extra hard to "play nice" during the day sometimes. =)

Today I decided to see what he thought of playing with shaving cream... After a brief taste (yuck!!) he seemed to really enjoy it: (sorry for the crazy amount of pictures, but I wanted to show the progression into messiness...) =)

So... if I can't eat it, what am I supposed to do with it?

Well, I guess it feels kind of cool...

...and if I swirl it like this...

Ya! I could have some fun with this!

He, he, he... oh the things I could do with these hands now...

Action shot

Spoons add to the fun...

...and then it starts to get really interesting...

What? This is fierce warpaint, okay?

After I showered him off, we decided to make homemade pizza for supper...

Here's Keenan's little personal cheese pizza


Ours (Hawaiian, our favorite) before being baked...

...and after (it tastes much better than it looks!)


For dessert we had ice cream. Too bad Keenan doesn't like it...

Dainty little bite

Eating some with his fingers

"Drinking" the last little bit out of the bowl (he wouldn't want to waste any!)

4 comments:

Flakymn said...

We love hawaiin too!

Anne said...

Those are cute pictures! In the daycare we used to run a can of shaving cream under warm water just to make it feel a little different.

You can also "paint" with shaving cream. Add a little elmers glue to a bowl of shaving cream and let them 'paint' away. We called it puffy paint. You can add paint to it as well to add color.

Shaving cream is a lot of fun but messy! :) Kids love it!

Anonymous said...

Joia! You are such a fun and creative mommy! Keenan is a blessed little dude!!! Gramma di

Liz said...

kids never ever get tired of shaving cream...our daycare goes up to grade five and the older kids love it too.