Sunday, June 1, 2008

Timothy Robert

Philip is posting today. It's been a pretty long and hard day for us, but not nearly so much as for my family back in Michigan. My cousin Tim's life ended far too soon early this morning in a car accident. We don't have a lot of details, and I don't think a blog is the place for them anyway, but of the 4 boys in the car, two made it home to their families today, one with some major fractures, and the third is still in the ICU. No funeral arrangements have been made yet, but once we get word about the details I'm going to try and make it up there as my Dad might not be able to make it back from Kenya in time. Most of my Dad's extended family still lives in southeastern Michigan and for my first 8 years after high school it was so awesome to be back up there and be a part of everything. It was certainly hard to leave when we moved down here a year ago, but today, for the first time since the end of med school, I really wish I was still there. Please pray for my aunt, uncle and Tim's brother as well as the boy still in the hospital, the two that have been released, their families and all of the others that will be mourning the loss of this son, brother, grandson, nephew, cousin and friend.

Timothy Robert (1987 - 2008)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

im really sorry to hear about you loss. I will definitly be praying for you and your family and the boy that is still left in the hospital. Take care!!
kristin

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear of this - we'll be praying for you and your families.
Love you guys,
L:)

Ebby Ray said...

I am sorry to hear about your cousin. I will be thinking and praying for your family as well as for the young man still in the hospital.

Anonymous said...

Philip, you did a great job with this. Jessica is planning to go up on Wed. I sure wish I could go with her to help with Hudson, but I will help with Reagan on this end. Do you know yet if you can go up there? Please give everyone my love and tell them I am praying for them. Love, Mom

Anne said...

I am so sorry to hear about that! Your family is in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. You guys and all the Dooleys are in my prayers! Love, Denise