Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Not a lot a news...

Not too much to report from today.

Keenan didn't nap well today and had a hard time getting himself calmed down to sleep tonight. I ended up going in and rocking him and singing to him for a while. I definitely don't want to get in the habit of that, but, he won't be a baby forever, and I sure like to do it once in a while... =)

Here he is in one of the happier moments of the day... helping me make chocolate no-bake cookies =) (Doesn't that make everyone happier??)

I just started reading an excellent book, The Memory Keeper's Daughter today. It looks like it might be our next book club read, but either way, I'm totally hooked already. Good recommendation, Tiff! (It's a movie as well).

We've started working on a cross stitch (cutesy picture with space for the name, birth date, etc) for the new baby. We did one for Keenan, and are hoping to do one for each child. We did Keenan's in a couple months, but figured it would be wise to give ourselves some more time this time around! =)

Also, for those of you who are wondering, we don't plan to find out the baby's gender or share our name choices until the baby is born. This drives some people crazy (for that we are sorry), but we Love the surprise at the end! =) Please don't bug us about this in hopes of changing our minds... it won't work.

Just for laughs, here's another video from "The Guys on Their Own"
(taken at the Memphis airport, where they actually had time to visit all 98 gates!!)

video

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwww Keenan you are just too cute! miss ya bud!
kristin

mom w. said...

Wooooaaaa, one leg up and one leg down... what a predicament. Funny boy!

Vanessa S said...

Well, you've saved me from asking the "obvious" questions regarding new baby. Surprises are wonderful!

Btw, The Memory Keeper's Daughter is an excellent read. I read it with my old book club in Va.

Shambach's said...

Well, okay , I guess that answered my previous post about the baby's gender! Haha. Props to you for keeping it a surprise. Jason and I are doing the same thing :-) It's more exciting that way!

Congrats again!