Thursday, June 5, 2008

Another splendid day

I got out of bed around nine this morning, after a loong and restful night of uninterrupted sleep. =)

I decided that since I had a whole day today, I wanted to get a bunch of stuff done around the house, while I was able to be ten times as productive. I set a timer and decided to be finished at 3:00, regardless of how far I was on my to do list. Here's what I accomplished:

Put dishes away and reloaded the dishwasher.
Washed our bedding (including the comforter) and put it back on the bed. I Love having freshly washed sheets! =)
Did several other loads of laundry.
Caught up on my pile of ironing.
Cleaned both bathrooms.
Made one of the beds up in the guest room for Jodi tonight.
Went to Blockbuster and picked up a movie.
Purchased the necessary greeting cards for the next month.
Bleached some white shirts.
Vacuumed the floors.
Tidied the kitchen, dining room, family room, Keenan's play area, the front room and our bedroom.

I had hoped to get to some scrapbooking and possibly wash some windows, but hey, I'm on vacation...and maybe I can do them tomorrow.

While I was folding laundry, I got a call from my neighbor, Myrtle, asking what I was up to and if I'd like to come over for lunch! How sweet! Of Course I wanted to, so I changed out of my pj's (lol! at noon!) and went over. She gave me pork chops, baked potato, corn bread, green beans, and peach pie! Mmmm! I was probably going to fix myself a gourmet lunch of PB&J! She said, "Sorry it's nothing fancy. I wouldn't ask just anybody over to eat a meal like this, but I treat you like my own yougin'". Am I ever glad she does! =) After I finished lunch, she and I sat (with tall glasses of her "oh so good" sweet tea) and chatted at their kitchen table for close to an hour. She was in a talkative mood, and I love to hear her stories (even the ones that I've heard before). Frank was dosing in a chair in the living room and would wake up every now and then. Once he asked if I had heard from my boys, and the next time he woke up, (and Myrtle was still talking), he hollered in to me "Have you ever heard anyone talk so much in your life?" LOL! They're so funny!

When my timer went off at 3, I stopped working, had a shower, got ready and then went out and did a couple errands before heading into Shalimar for my pedicure at L.A. Nails. It was possibly the best pedicure I've ever had! It might have been partly because I was alone, and could just sit and read a magazine and enjoy the leg massage without having to contribute to any conversation.

Tonight is "book club" with the girls. We are going to Destin to Sushi Siam for a change, and (whether or not we actually talk about the book) it should be a really fun evening!

After dinner, Jodi is coming over and we're going to watch "27 Dresses". We figured, in the absence of both of our husbands, we'd get a chick flick for a change. =) She's going to sleep over, and then we might grab breakfast in the morning.

Philip and Keenan seem to be doing well. Philip called me a while ago (during the funeral) and he and Keenan were out in the hallway, since Keenan wasn't in the mood to sit still and be quiet.

Well, I gotta go get ready for my night on the town! =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joia, I'm so glad to hear that you are taking the time to enjoy your alone time, rather than sit and stew - woo hoo for you!!
L:)

Anonymous said...

Joia, I'm so glad to hear that you're having a fun, relaxing time! Sounds like a lot of fun- but really nice that your boys will be back today- enough time to relax, but not to get too lonely:) I'd love to call and have a chat- maybe tonight or tomorrow morning? I love you my friend,
Rebekah

Keenan said...

Love you Momma, I'm glad you're having fun. Go Red Wings! We're going to watch some of the parade before my nap. See you tonight!