Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Poolside fun with the wifia

Making of the chocolate covered cheesecake squares

I made the cheesecakes last night, froze them overnight, and then cut them into little squares this morning...

Squares prior to dipping

First dip in the semi sweet chocolate

Finished product

I ran out of chocolate so some of them ended up just being dipped on top. I think they look kind of cute this way, though. =)

I've made a few desserts in my day...and I think these rate in the top five... Ever.

Today Sarah hosted the lunch at her house. She and I both have little pools that we put out on the back patio so the kiddos could play in the water. They had a blast!

Lunch was soo good today! Sarah made an amazing asian chicken pasta dish, Tiffany made a salad with nuts and mandarines in it, Wendi made cheesy bread, and Jodi brought drinks and fruit. The chocolate covered cheesecake squares for dessert got pretty good reviews. =)

Bathing beauty, Della

Me holding an ice pack on Keenan's head after the hardest of his (many) falls by the pool

Our little pool party - Wendi, Jodi, Della, Sarah, Tiffany, Keenan and William

Funny look

A very sleepy Keenan exploring the yard

Just before we headed home (I'm sure Philip will love this picture)

Aaahhh... finally home in my own bed with Bunny (and my new bruise)

8 comments:

Mom W. said...

I would trade pie for cheesecake squares... they look fantastic.

Mom W. said...

I would trade pie for cheesecake squares... they look fantastic.

Mom w. said...

Sorry about the double...

Tim & Steph said...

I would trade pie for cheesecake squares... they look fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I'm dying ...ok I'm over reacting a little - but I'm so sad I missed making these - I better try them too:)
P.S. could I get that coconut cake recipe?
L:)

Mom W. said...

Anyone else who would trade pie for cheesecake squares? Very good Steph...

steph said...

Just for the record, "tim & steph" was actually TIM!! =)

Mom W. again... said...

Very good Tim, yeah, I did kind of wonder after I wrote Steph... = ) what a goofy family... XOXOXO Mom