Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Birthday Pie

Keenan and I spent some time shopping and just hanging out at Wal-Mart this afternoon, while we waited for Philip to be finished at the Fort Walton Beach hospital. I was browsing in the shoe section, and came across these... They're like little fuzzy mukluks! (We didn't buy them, just tried them on)

The funniest thing to me was that they're for sale in Florida!

They are pretty cute (a little girly though, perhaps)

Before going home, we made a quick stop at the Eglin splash pad for Keenan to cool off and burn some energy. I didn't even have to get wet, we just sat on the bench and he ran all around, getting soaked, trying to drink the water out of the sprayers, and staring at the other kids. =)


When we got home, there was a homemade Banana Cream Pie in my fridge!! Funny story... a couple days ago, Philip had randomly asked me what my favorite dessert was (almost making it sound like he had plans to make one himself). I wasn't really sure, since I just Love dessert, period. I Do love banana cream pie though, and my mom had just mentioned making one not long ago, so it was still fresh in my mind. (However, apparently, his secretive emailing was to let Jodi know, since she had asked) Anyway, Jodi had made it for the girl's lunch today, to surprise me for my birthday (along with a card signed by all the girls), but then Keenan and I ended up not going because he has a cough! =0/ But I still got my pie though... Thank you, Jodi! (They did eat some for dessert before she brought it, which is good, because I definitely shouldn't eat a Whole pie) I might have pictures from Andrea of the whole pie in the next couple of days...

Well, Keenan needs to get to bed, and Philip and I are going to watch National Treasure 2 and eat some pie!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm that sounds good - when we move and I have a spare minute I think I'll make one!!!
L:)

Lillie's mom said...

I left a message a few weeks ago about your header. I have tried doing it through Word and Power Point and I guess I am doing something wrong. I know I am a total stranger but could you explain in a little more detail for my not so technological self how to complete this? I am trying to start my Blog back up (Lillie's Mom). Thank you.
Susan :)

Mom W. said...

Does National Treasure 2 mean that there is a N T 1 first? What is it about??

Joia said...

Yes, Mom, I sent you a link about the first movie...

Joia said...

Lillie's Mom, I'll ask my husband for some specifics that I can send you ok?

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is such a good movie! Mmmm...I think I gain weight just reading your blog. LOL! Love, Jessica

Anonymous said...

I am just jealous that you can even EAT the pie and still stay as skinny as you are! I love the bathing suit on Keenan. And I liked both the NT movies too. Thank God for movie rentals, EH? lol. Love, Mom