Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Birthday brunch

Today we had brunch at Tiffany's house. She made an amazing sausage and egg casserole and we also had fruit, coffee cake and scones.

Wendi's birthday is tomorrow, so the ice cream cake again (that Laura and I made a few weeks ago) into a birthday cake for her. She loved it. =) Of course, the day I decide to make an ice cream cake, it's 84 degrees out! I worked on the cake in installments, and kept putting it back in the freezer.

The finished cake (before it went into the cooler for the ride to Tiff's and then thankfully back into the freezer - phew!)

Keenan and William at the boy's table

Here they are with Della
(I love this picture, because if you look closely, under Keenan's right arm, you can see his plate in mid-fall off the table!) =)

A very happy Wendi
(she has decided this cake is her all time favorite of all my desserts)

Wendi and Ebby

Dishing out the cake

With Isaac

Happy Birthday to my Mom, too, who's birthday is Today! =0)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! Happy birthday to Wendi. I sure would have loved to share that cake-it looks awesome! I think you should give some classes Joia! You sure do have a lot of talents! Grandma Di

Anonymous said...

Joia, Im' amazed at that cake being decorated - HOW did you do that!!! I made that cake on the weekend and it was a mess - but it tasted good :)
Happy birthday to Judy and Wendi!!!
(I was singing, did you hear that?)
L:)

Judy/Mom W. said...

Of course we heard you Laura, right on key... thank you!

The cake does look really good but my butter pecan one was really good too.

Flakymn said...

THIS CAKE WAS ...


THE


BOMB!!!!!!!

I have one more piece in the freezer ...

Flakymn said...

THIS CAKE WAS ...


THE


BOMB!!!!!!!

I have one more piece in the freezer ...