Monday, April 7, 2008

Chillin' with the Keenanator

It was nice to have Philip home this morning until about 10:30. The bad part is that first shift on nights is always a super long one, since he has to go in to work at 11:00 am, and then doesn't finish until 8:00 the next morning!

I made apple fritters this afternoon (and, unbelievably, did not take any pictures!) I had some apples that needed to be used, and, while Most people would probably make something semi nutritious like apple pie, muffins, apple sauce, or something, I decided to fry mine in some fritter batter! =) What can I say? I live in the South now!

Keenan and I took some of the fritters over to Frank and Myrtle this afternoon (since they're so Southern, they like Anything fried!) =) Keenan loves to toddle around their yard, finding sticks, opening the gate, pushing chairs around the back porch, and today Myrtle gave him some water to splash in, so he came home soaked (and happy!) I've recently decided that I like that "sweaty little boy" smell that he gets when he plays outside for a while... it means that he's had a good time, and.... that he will probably nap really well after!

There's not many things better than peeking in the door at this...

Now if that's not a mischievous little grin, I don't know what is!

Philip's not so sure about this look on Keenan but I think it's cute

3 comments:

Mom W. said...

Wow, I thought I was on the wrong blog at first, new look?? nice...
Apple fritters, Yum... Love you, Mom (Cute boy as usual...)

Anonymous said...

I like the new look of the blog! Is it true that you might be heading our way soon? I hope so! Love, Jessica

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Keenan in the "wife-beater" T-shirt.
jen