Friday, March 14, 2008

We have big news...

... we've made big progress with Keenan's eating today! Just yesterday at MOPS, I was telling some of the others that we've been frustrated because Keenan only eats about four different things. He has Never liked any of the baby food that I have made for him. However, today, he ate my concoction of mashed potatoes, cheese, bacon and broccoli! Then, after finishing that, he proceeded to mow down a Ton of broccoli pieces!! Woohoo for that!

Real men eat green leafy vegetables

Mmmm....

Okay, okay, the broccoli wasn't really the big news...

Keenan is walking!!

Just tonight, I noticed him take a few tiny steps towards a book on the floor, and I was like, "What did you just do???" I then sat down on the floor and enticed him with my cell phone, and, sure enough, he took several steps towards it!

I called Philip at work, and he was so excited he came straight home, instead of doing some errands on the way. The video below was taken as soon as Philip got home, and this is the first time he saw Keenan walk. We are soo proud of him!

7 comments:

Flakymn said...

YAYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Anonymous said...

Yay, Keenan!!!!
Awesome!
Cheryl

Tara said...

that's so awesome, joia! go, keenan! i loved the video.

Anonymous said...

How sweet. What a great video! Way to go, Keenan!
Jen

Anonymous said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYY! That is so awesome and perfect timing for your family up in the arctic tundra to see Keenan walk! how exciting!
Love, Aunt Jessica

Anonymous said...

He looks like a pro already! Good job Keenan!

Jodi

Anonymous said...

I saw the title ("We have big news...", and my first thought was.....yay! another grandchild?! but then realized you would've called and told us before you posted it! You would, wouldn't you?! lol.

How exciting to watch the video. I felt like I was right there with you. It was fun to watch Philip's joy as well. I miss you all so much.

Love,
eMom (counterpart to the new rap rage that dmom has started).