Friday, March 28, 2008

How's the weather up there?

...up North that is. How are my Canadian peeps doing (and other readers from the frigid north?)

It is 72 degrees here right now, it's supposed to reach 76. Keenan and I went to the park and went swimming today! The water was a little cool at first, but it didn't take long to get used to (and I'm sure it was warmer than any Canadian beach I've ever swam at!)

This is at the same park we played at yesterday

Getting used to the water

Once he was wet, and used to the temperature of the water, I quickly found out that Keenan has No fear of water! He would just keep crawling until the water started flowing into his mouth! I was constantly turning him around and heading him for shore. Crazy kid... =)

Stirring up the water

Sand between his fingers (only one of the Many places he got sand today...)

Keenan splashing in the water


After we swam, we had a picnic lunch in one of the little pavilions.

Eating a carrot

...and some Pringle Stix (I love how he looks so guilty here!)

"Hey Keenan, look at the camera!"

Much better

Getting ready to head home with the sleepy boy

This was too pretty a back drop to pass up

This is a cute little, rather eccentric house we often pass on our walk

* Random note - before we left for the park, Keenan managed to climb up and sit down in the stroller by himself!

2 comments:

Heather said...

It's SO WARM Joia! Three degrees! I think I might have to go for a run! :)

Anonymous said...

It just isn't fair that you guys are SWIMMING!!! We are still getting snow! GRRRRR!!
Talk about the "frozen north"!
Think I'm movin' to Florida!
Cheryl