Sunday, February 17, 2008

Date day

Philip and I had a date this afternoon, the first in quite a while. John and Wendi watched Keenan while we went to see a movie in Destin (our second in theater since Keenan was born). We had planned to see The Bucket List (with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson), but it was all sold out, so we ended up seeing Jumper. It was a bit strange, but good overall.

After the movie, we went to Coldstone Creamery...Mmmm. I tried a combination that I wasn't all that pleased with (it was my own fault, I think I mixed too many different things), that had white chocolate ice cream, strawberries, raspberries and skor bits. I was inspired to try this since Heather had something very similar and mentioned it on her blog and I thought it sounded good! (Thanks a lot Heather! Just kidding...) Philip had a delicious Reese's and Oreo combination (you can't go wrong with that).

It was pouring rain at this point, so we crisscrossed through Destin Commons under various overhangs when there were "lulls" in the downpour. We were parked pretty far out, so we got fairly wet when we sprinted to the car, (but it was fun, it made us feel "young and carefree" again, without a baby to lug along). =)

On the way back we stopped at Target to get wipes. (A very "date-ish" thing to do, don't you think?) It was storming and really windy while Philip was in the store and I was waiting in the car, so I took this picture. It was so bizarre... it was quite dark out, and then all of a sudden (just for a minute or two), the sun peeked out through the clouds.


Keenan had a great time with John and Wendi and Scrubs and even took a nap! We were thrilled to hear that he had fun and didn't miss us. Here are some fun pictures Wendi took:

"I used to be bigger than him!"

Scrubs - "You're not supposed to touch our TV..."
Keenan - "I know, but here's a goldfish cracker if you won't tell!"

Scrubs - "You Do know you don't live here and can't stay, right?"
Keenan - "Yes, I know that, but do You know that a baby is coming to live here in May?
(Ya big baby)"
Scrubs - "Who are you calling a big baby? How much do You weigh??"

Wendi and "the boys" (both acting innocent)

3 comments:

Heather said...

Aww I'm sad that your ice cream experience didn't turn out well :( . Perhaps ice cream is just better when it's -20 outside? I'm glad to hear that you guys still had a fun date day! Everybody needs a day off now & then :)

Flakymn said...

Keenan is the sweetest boy ever. I love his little giggle. He can hang out with us anytime. Once Scrubs realized that if he hung out near him, little bits of cracker would be near, he totally dug him!!!

Tara said...

glad you had a nice date and it's obvious keenan has a fun playmate (with another coming!!) :)