Saturday, February 23, 2008

... a Bright, bright sunshiney day...

Philip is on call today into tomorrow. Keenan and I have had a good day together. The rain Finally stopped and it's been blue skies and sunny all day!

Without the rain, we were finally able to make a trip to the grocery store. It seemed, however, that everyone Else had waited out the rain too, because it was packed! For those of you who know the layout of the Commissary - I got in the checkout line at the Cheese!! Folks, that's halfway around the store! Craziness...

I finally decided to try out the smoothie place that is only two blocks from our house, and... I love it! It's a really cute little place, owned by a very nice man, who seems like he knows everyone in our town! He was very talkative and made me a delicious Berry Blast (strawberries, raspberries and blueberries) smoothie. Since it was pure fruit and ice, it was even good for me, so I was getting my daily fruit intake While walking and getting fresh air and exercise - how healthy! =) (In other drink news... I think I may have found my "Floridian Substitute" for my beloved Tim Horton's Iced Cappuccino! Sonic sells a delicious Java Chiller (frozen, blended coffee with whipped cream on top) that really hits the spot. It's actually pretty different from an iced cap, more like a coffee milk shake, but delicious nonetheless. Oh, also, their caramel apple bites are quite delicious as well. (The fact that it's apple and caramel deep fried and dipped in more caramel Totally negates the fact that you're eating fruit, but man, they're good!)

We took Philip dinner tonight and actually got to stay and hang out for quite a while. Keenan occupied himself by pushing the stroller all over the place. He actually circled the whole resident room six times! He should sleep well tonight! (Sorry for the Huge pictures, I forgot to change the size back to medium).



Philip listening to Keenan's chest to make sure his cough is getting better

...and he says he's always busy...
(He really is, this was for about 30 seconds)

Probably the highlight of the day for both of them...

As I was driving home tonight, I noticed that the moon looked Huge, and it was a really cool, orangish color. (Did anyone else notice this?) I actually stopped at the airport and took some pictures of it, but wasn't very pleased, so I drove around and "hunted it down" at the park by the water. My picture doesn't do it justice at ALL, but it was actually quite breathtaking when I first saw it shining across the bayou in real life.

I definitely don't know how to take good night pictures

Here's video of Keenan doing laps around the resident room
(I don't now, you may only find this interesting if you're my mom)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

....the video is interesting also if you're your the mom-in-law! :-)

I cannot believe how well Keenan is walking and while I was watching the video, the song. "The Things We Do For Love" popped into my head...(in the context that your love for Philip causes you to wait in the residence room for looong periods of time just to see him!) lol. You could add that as soundtrack to your video...

I wish I could say that reading this blog means I am almost caught up reading all of them, but alas, I am not. I just picked this one randomly because I had a Quick moment to access my email!

Love, Mom (your other one!) ;-)

Anonymous said...

....the video is interesting also if you're your the mom-in-law! :-)

I cannot believe how well Keenan is walking and while I was watching the video, the song. "The Things We Do For Love" popped into my head...(in the context that your love for Philip causes you to wait in the residence room for looong periods of time just to see him!) lol. You could add that as soundtrack to your video...

I wish I could say that reading this blog means I am almost caught up reading all of them, but alas, I am not. I just picked this one randomly because I had a Quick moment to access my email!

Love, Mom (your other one!) ;-)

Anonymous said...

SORRY! I don't know why it posted it twice, and I don't know how to delete one of them! Mom.