Thursday, February 21, 2008

Amateur Photography

I've been trying some stuff out at home lately, trying to hone my very amateur photography skills. It's fun making backdrops, and playing around with lighting etc.. to see what I can come up with. They certainly aren't professional quality, but at least Keenan cooperates for me (much better than at a professional studio with a stranger taking the pictures). Jodi was my "baby wrangler" for the first few... =)

Hey, I'm ridin' a chair!

Hey, Jodi!

Um, hello, Mom, this is 2008, not 1908...

Today I tried a few different things, and decided to do some of both of us. This was much trickier, since I had to set the camera up, push the timer button, grab Keenan, and get us into position before it took the picture. When I pushed the button and the camera started ticking and the light flashed, Keenan always started giggling and bouncing up and down like it was something really exciting. It was pretty funny (but not always easy to get him to sit still for the picture!) =) Here's some of my favorites:

Yes, he has a diaper on back there...

This one is sort of funky since I wasn't using the flash but I like it anyway...


...then I tried some of just me while Keenan was sleeping:

Maybe, just maybe, I can get Philip to humor me and we can get some family ones...

I got this fun little book in the mail today from MOPS International. Wow, have I totally felt like this!
It has a lot of really great quotes in it. This one struck me as particularly insightful:
"The way we respond to our children's mistakes today is the way they'll assume we'll respond in the future. And what they find in us is much of what they expect to find in God."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A-MAZING photos Joia!!!!Can you zoom into Ontario and take some of us?Wow great job!!1
L:)

Anonymous said...

Joia those are really good pictures!! Keenan really co=operated with ya. you guys take good pictures. anyways see ya in 3 days!
kristin

Flakymn said...

Hey! The ones with the blue background are really, really good! I'll let you do some of us and our pup. Or maybe we'll wait and you can do some in May!!!??

Jen: said...

Wow, Joia! These are impressive. I'm going to say this again...... I think you could start a little part-time work at home business!
Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

GREAT pictures Joia! They definitely look professional! Wendi had a great idea. I imagine all of the wifia would let you take pics of them and their families. I would.

Jodi