Monday, January 21, 2008

A very fun MLK day

It has been sooo good to have Philip home today!

This morning, he and I started working on the bathroom (again), but soon decided that we needed a new scraper (as the old one has gotten very dull), before we were really going to make any huge progress. So... we got ready and headed out to Home Depot and a few other places...

First stop after Home Depot was Baytowne Wharf. We had never been there in the "off season" and it was great!
Keenan and I by the fountain

Keenan pondering the meaning of life...

It was a beautiful day for walking around, seeing the sites and visiting the park. Keenan loved the swings, and also explored the play ground structure with Philip.


Woohoo!

Not sure what this look means

This swing was pretty comfy!

Here's Keenan swinging:



Philip and Keenan up in the turret

Just after coming down the slide

And the Very best part of all...

Inside that tent in the background is a skating rink!

I got to go ICE SKATING IN FLORIDA!!!!
Philip and Keenan chillin' (literally) while I skated

And how do you keep an ice rink frozen outside in Florida?
A giant portable refrigerating unit, of course!

Here's some videos from "My Great Skating Adventure"

(This one is me taking Keenan for a skate)

(This is me skating backwards.. in the video where I Didn't almost fall...)


...and on the way home we got lunch at Dairy Queen (with blizzards, of course), before heading back home to work on the bathroom again (with the super duper brand new scraper) =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like a real Canadian day! Ice skating, blizzards... It must feel like home!
Love Rebekah
PS- I'd rather you all were here enjoying the REAL winter than that fake one, but hey, it's better than nothing!

Mom E said...

Very impressive skating forwards (and backwards!) But especially while holding Keenan! Since my last skating venture landed me with a broken right wrist, I can't even imagine trying to do that AND hold a baby! [Well, you, Philip & I did skate while aboard the Royal Caribbean (sp?), but not sure that counts!] lol.

So glad you are having sooo much fun. I've decided north FL is more fun than central! :-)

Love, Mom

Mom said...

Well, we are having REAL winter today, snow, snow, snow. Wish you were here... = )

Can't watch the videos on this computer =(

Flakymn said...

I've never been ice skating. Is that sad! You are good.

And that other post -- I was thinking to myself "Man there is the whole side to Joia she has been completely holding back on."

LOL