Thursday, January 31, 2008

Random info

Today my good friend, Jodi came over and watched Keenan for me for a couple hours so I could get some work done on the bathroom. It was amazing! I got a Ton done (more than I ever have at one time before), so I really feel like we're making progress now! She's coming again tomorrow (she's awesome) and I'm going to start sanding the walls down. Looks like we might actually get this room painted some day soon! =)

In totally random news...

In case some of you didn't know... The candy called "Smarties" is not the same in Canada and the U.S.

In Canada, Smarties look like this:

They don't typically have peanuts in them though, this is a relatively new addition

They usually look like this

...and in the U.S. Smarties look like this:

In Canada, we call this same candy, "Rockets"

However, to my surprise, I noticed on the "U.S. Smarties package" that it said this!

Weird...

I looked up the Smarties website, and it said "Smarties are licensed to be sold in the United States and it's possessions only." Apparently these Smarties and Rockets are exactly the same candy, but they are called Rockets in Canada and the UK to avoid confusion with Nestle's chocolate Smarties. Mystery solved...

2 comments:

Mom E said...

Wow, after having this very valuable info, I feel like a smartie! lol.

Hey, I think I'm caught up! G'night, already! :-)

Love you 3,
Mom E

Shambach's said...

Oh my goodness, I haven't had a Canadian Smartie in so long! Those things are the best.

My mom grew up in Toronto, and most of her immediate family still lives in Ontario, so when we visited every view years, those things were one of the highlights! Mmm..... Good memories!