Friday, January 11, 2008

Back in the U.S. of A

Today was kind of bittersweet. It was sad to be leaving Norwich, and my family, but Keenan and I are Very happy to be seeing Philip tomorrow!

This morning, after I packed us all up, we had a brief visit with my friend, Adrienne, and her family (she was in town for her brother's wedding). I think I have only seen her once since I was in her wedding two years ago. She lives in Kingston, which is another seven hours past my parent's house, and our visits rarely happen at the same time. It was great to see her and her husband, Matt, and catch up a little.

We got on the road at noon, and (with a couple stops), made it here to Aunt Mary's house in Troy at about 3:30. Keenan was SO good and slept almost the whole way! Our border crossing was super fast too, so lots to be thankful for.

This evening, Grandma Dooley came over for a visit and dinner. We hadn't been able to see her yet, since she was sick when we first flew in. She couldn't believe how much Keenan had changed. He was happy to entertain her (and Aunt Mary and Taylor and Davis), and certainly enjoyed all the attention! =0)

We fly out at noon tomorrow.... and I can't wait to be home with Philip!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

booo-hoo . . . booooo-hoooooooo :(
we'll miss you :(

Judy said...

Joia, Adrienne lives in Kingston, not Ottawa, I know you know that... Love you, miss you, Mom