Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Christmas Parade

I must say, I was quite surprised by how Cold it was for a parade in Florida! Fortunately, I had taken lots of blankets for Keenan, but Philip and I were pretty chilly (but hey, tis the season, right?)

It was kind of different, since it was on a six lane road, instead of sitting on the sidewalk, we sat in the Middle of the road, and the parade only used the right lanes. That felt pretty strange. The only time I'll ever be able to say I sat in a chair in the middle of Eglin Parkway! =)

I think overall, Keenan had fun. He really liked all the lights, especially on the fire trucks. The old fashioned gun firing (which made him cry), and the loud motorcycles didn't score high on his list though...

The bummer was that we got there at 6:30, and when the parade started, the floats were soo spread out that it was taking Forever! By 8:00, we decided to leave, but we never did get to see the MOPS float! =0/ (Most of the float pictures didn't turn out...)

Keenan wearing more clothes at one time than he ever has before

My two dudes trying to stay warm
(Philip was in uniform because he came straight from work)

Chilly family picture
(Yay, Canada!)

You can't see this very well, but it's a Humvee pulling some sort of Ammunition launcher (with the Grinch on top) - not something I've ever seen in a parade before! LOL!

The Mardi Gras beads were a big hit with Keenan (we got all the colors but silver, I think)

Self portrait =)

I really wanted this truck =)

Keenan and I towards the end (as if he didn't weigh enough already, with several pounds of blankets, he was an Armful!)

Our loot

7 comments:

flakymn said...

Joia, you look so pretty!!!! Winter suits you!!

Philip, Joia and Keenan said...

Thanks, Wendi! That's so sweet!

Mom W. said...

What are Mardi Gras beads?? Excuse my ignorance.

Philip, Joia and Keenan said...

The kind of beads that they throw at Mardi Gras. (I've never been, I just know they throw these beads).. there are some in the picture with our candy.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Joia, what do you call "cold"?
You're missing the first major snow of the season here and it's chilly!! Don't you miss Canada??!!
Cheryl

LoreeA said...

You missed us by half an hour - the MOPS float was #76 - just a few before Santa, who arrives on the firetruck and is always the last in the parade - it was probably 9 before he got to the end! I'm glad you all had fun! What great pictures!

Wow, what an amazing thought, not everyone has heard the Cajun Night Before Christmas - or been to Mardi Gras! By the way, the beads are highly prized, and people actually get into fights for them. If you decide you want to brave it, I can give you some tips...

Philip, Joia and Keenan said...

Cheryl,

It was about 5 degrees Celsius at the parade. I didn't say it was Freezing or frigid, but yes, it was cold to be sitting at a parade. =)

Sorry about the snow... I do miss Canada's weather sometimes, but I usually get over it pretty quickly. (Probably Christmas day will really get me though.) =0/