Friday, December 14, 2007

Baking and sweet memories...

I baked sugar cookies today (for the first time in a long time). It was actually from a mix (one of five that came in a huge box at the Christmas party), and yes, I admit that this is sort of "cheating". However, other than me mixing four things together in a bowl to make the dough, instead of ten, the rest of the experience was pretty "authentic" I think. They even taste really good.
It totally reminded me of when I was younger and we used to make and decorate sugar cookies with my mom. I'm sure all of us kids did it, but I most remember my mom, Andrew and I doing it. My mom went all out, with the colored icing, colored sugar, sprinkles, etc.. And put up with the huge mess we made! =) Such good times...

Here's my cookie experience of the day:

All rolled out and cut...

...baked...

...got the icing colored...

...and they're decorated!

Well, I'm glad this all turned out well, easy, and yummy, since I have enough mixes to make about 12 dozen more! =)

No comments: