Sunday, November 25, 2007

Home Sweet Home

After another great trip, we are back in our own "nest" today. We got home at about 6:00, had dinner, put Keenan to bed and then decided to set up our Christmas tree.

After hearing "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas", multiple times the last few days, I figured it's about time it DID! =)

Shortly after we started, Philip had an idea, so he sent me off to check my email while he worked on a surprise... When he came and got me, I had to shut my eyes, and then he led me into the family room and sat me down on the couch. When I opened my eyes, he had started the fire going, made two mugs of hot chocolate, and had put on my favorite Christmas cd, Christmastime, by Michael W. Smith! How sweet! Even with the lack of snow, it really Is starting to feel "Christmassy" now.

The tree is up and lit, but has no decorations yet.. I'll do that tomorrow. Right now, Philip is working on getting the train track set up underneath it. He has a train set that he and his dad made years and years ago that still works, and looks really cool under the tree. =)

Well, it's been a long day, so we're heading to bed. Goodnight all!

No comments: