Friday, October 26, 2007

Some special visitors

This morning, as Keenan and I were sitting at his "play station" by the patio doors, (no, he doesn't have a Play Station, just the place where all his toys are!), I noticed a cardinal flitting around the bushes! (Maybe this is a pretty normal thing, but it was a first for me) I ran and got my camera, but then he flew around the corner of the house. So... I went into the spare bedroom, opened the blind, and, tada! Perfect view!


I think he might have been looking right at me here.. =)

Peek a boo!

Almost a full view

I was delighted to see that his "wife" was also with him! I'm not sure if I've ever seen a female one before... She was a bit shy, and little harder to get a picture of, but here she is...

Isn't she cute?

I think we might need to invest in a bird feeder on our back porch! Who knows who might stop by? =0)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those are excellent pictures, Joia!
They also have a very distinctive "whistle" so I'm sure you'll hear them around, but may not always see them. They are one of my favorite birds.
Cheryl