Sunday, October 7, 2007

On the verge of night float...

Philip starts two weeks of nights tomorrow, so it'll be interesting to see how that all pans out. From the sounds of it, other wives haven't got to see a whole lot of their husbands or have much time to even talk (since they work from 6 pm to 8 am, and then come home and sleep), so we'll see how we manage to make this work... =)

Thankfully, it's only three days until my Mom gets here! I'm Really looking forward to her visit, as I'm sure we'll have a ton of fun, and she'll help keep my sane while Philip is gone.

Tomorrow is Canadian Thanksgiving. It will be only the second of my 26 that I have not spent in Ontario with my family... =0/ I'm still going to make Thanksgiving dinner though (although I'm cooking a small chicken, not a turkey), and am hoping to be able to go have dinner with Philip at the hospital. =)

Today has been pretty relaxed. We went to church this morning, and then picked up groceries (and a couple books for Keenan from the book sale at the BX). Philip has been doing a bunch of stuff on the computer, and I've actually managed to get 100 pages or so into our book club's first book, "On Call in Hell - A Doctor's Iraq War Story", it's really good!! This is the first (non baby) book I've read in ages!

I think that's it..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Joia!!!!
Don't worry we had chicken too and it was yummy. I'll be thinking of you today with Thanksgiving thoughts and send them your way :)
Laura :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving from Canada, Joia, Phillip & Keenan!!
It has been an unbelievably hot weekend here, very unusual for October, but we'll take it!! I'm not looking forward to putting the oven on today to cook the turkey.
Hope your day is special!
Cheryl

Mom W. said...

Happy Thanksgiving Joia! I am sure your chicken will be good! I wish I could save a piece of one of my pecan pies for you. I can't wait, only 2 days now. Love, Mom