Saturday, October 27, 2007

Great day!

"The Cheesecake" has returned. Remember the crazy good cheesecake Laura and I made when she was here? Well, since my other friends have been asking for it, I decided to make it for a get together this evening.. It looks just as yummy as last time...


For those of you who were wanting the recipe - just go to: www.tasteofhome.com and enter Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake, and it'll take you to the recipe.

This morning, as we were getting ready to get in the car to go boating with John and Wendi, their friend Kelsey, and Cliff and Jodi, we found out that the Eglin Rec Center wasn't letting boats out today since the water was too choppy... =0/ Bummer.

However, since we were already up and ready, we decided to head to Navarre, to Sean and Johanna's. They were having a yard sale today, and we also wanted to see their new house. They were happy to see us, and we bought a great toy shelf for Keenan's room (for $5!) Their house is Gorgeous! Very wide open and nice, and they have a great back yard with really nice trees, and a beautiful pool and hot tub! We stayed and visited a while and Keenan played with Sebastian and Kiara while we had our first hot chocolate of the season. Sean offered to heat up the hot tub for us, but Philip declined, since we were on our way elsewhere. He then said we could go out on their boat with them sometime and then go in the hot tub, so we'll probably take them up on that offer sometime.


Keenan with Sebastian (1) and Kiara (4)

Keenan trying out a "big boy" toy
"Look Mom, no hands!"

After that, we headed to Gulf Breeze (almost to Pensecola) to check out their disc golf course. We hadn't played disc golf since we moved here and this was the closest course. It was a pretty nice course...the first one we've played in Florida, so it was a bit of a change from Michigan. =)


This is Keenan's second time disc golfing (he was only a few weeks old the first time!)

There was quite a bit of water at this course, I decided not to play this hole
(I didn't trust myself to not lose my disc)

Very pretty course

Warm, comfy baby

There was a random rope hanging from a tree by the water so I decided to try it out.. fortunately I stayed dry! =0)

Keenan and I taking a rest

A good time was had by all, and we were glad to get out and enjoy the beautiful fall day!

4 comments:

mom w. said...

You are quite the bird watcher Joia, I am a cheesecake watcher... Good thing you didn't make it while I was there - the chocolate butterfinger trifle was good enough... hmmmmm. Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Joia . . . I feel betrayed!!! Your cheesecake looked better than ours :( Was the crust better ?(you know by doing it the way the recipe tells you too). And did you have to re- mortgage the house? (That was a joke - ha ha ha and lots of chuckles - i'm laughing). Well, enjoy a piece for me :)

Stephanie said...

Hey Joia...thanx for putting that recipe up! Quick question tho. and it might be silly but( 1/4 cup crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies) do they mean like oreos for this or what did u use?

Joia said...

Laura, don't feel betrayed! The only reason the cheesecake looks a little different this time, is I made it the day before, and I didn't have you and Nathan to eat it with right away, so it actually got the right amount of time to cool in between steps etc... I thought of you while I was making it, and it wasn't Nearly as much fun Making it all by myself.. =0/

Stephanie, yes, Oreos or the off brand of those. Actually this time, I used the kind with peanut butter cream inside, instead of the regular kind, it was really good! (Also, I don't use as much fudge topping on top as they say, I thought it was a bit much the first time).