Thursday, October 25, 2007

A couple things...

Great News!
Last night I got online in an effort to hunt down another Bunny Hop (the offical "Ty" name for Keenan's blue Bunny). This was partly due to the fact that, last week, while my mom and I were at Old Time Pottery, we LOST bunny for a short period of time, and the panic that I felt during those minutes has spurred me on to find another one...
I couldn't find one on ebay.com, not One! They had four of the pink version, but no blue ones. I finally found a seller on the UK ebay site. The price was in Great British Pounds. =) The guy had two, and when I showed Philip he said "I think we'd better get both of those." So, Yay!! We have two of Keenan's precious bunny replacements on their way! (Well, "on their way" might be a relative term, Philip said he bought something from the UK once and it took three months to come!) It doesn't really matter (as long as we don't lose Bunny in the meantime), I'm just glad that we snatched up the last two Bunny Hops on the planet! =)

Not my favorite surprise...
I found my first gecko in the house this morning. Now, he was just a baby (about an inch and a half long), and, outside, I would have thought he was adorable. However, In my house... he gave me a little shiver. I scooped him into a Tupperware container and deposited him back outside...

Very disappointing
I Love chocolate milk. (And at this time, I'd like to do a chocolate milk toast in honor of Rebekah). All right, back on task... When I was buying milk, I noticed that the chocolate milk was only $1.61 a gallon! That's like half the price of white milk! I decided to get some for a treat. When I had the first glass, I noticed that it wasn't the Best chocolate milk I'd ever had (but figured that's what you get for the price you pay).

However.... later, upon closer inspection, I realized that the jug didn't even say, Chocolate Milk, it said "Chocolate Drink!" Hmmm...

Here's the ingredients... #2 "High Fructose Corn Syrup" (wonderful), #3 (the only "milk-ish" ingredient), "Whey Powder (Milk)"... and then a bunch more "not so yummy sounding stuff", followed by #12, "Whey Protein" (containing MSG). Well, didn't I chose a champion of a beverage this week! YUCK!!
(This was purchased at the Commissary, so, fellow Air Force friends who like chocolate milk... beware!)

Just a side note: A friend told me last week that when she gives her kids chocolate milk, she purposely calls it "chocolate drink" (until they're old enough to figure out that it's milk), because then she didn't have any problem getting them to still drink white milk. I thought that was pretty smart.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gavin, my 7 year old nephew, drinks chocolate milk every morning. He sits straight up in bed, doesn't say a word and gulps the entire cup. After the milk is gone he lays back down for a few minutes, still without saying a word, to warm up from the cold milk. Once he's warm again he hops out of bed talking and full of energy to get ready for school. He has had this routine since he started drinking store bought milk. I think it was before he turned a year old. When he was younger he would ask for choc milk. So cute! It's his morning coffee. My sister and I can see him in college getting chocolate flavored coffee to wake himself up for class.

Thought I'd share my choc. milk story!

Jodi

Joia said...

Thanks Jodi! That's funny stuff!

Anonymous said...

Joia, I saw the gecko - it's off!!! no more trips!!!! Exterminate!!!!!!
L:(

Joia said...

Laura,

I wondered if that would freak you out... Like I said, that's the Only time that's ever happened, and I think it's because I had left the door open a couple times that day.. please come! =)