Friday, September 28, 2007

Some firsts for me

Today the girl's lunch was here. I made clam chowder for the first time ever and it was really good! (If I had known how easy it was, I totally would have made it before now!) We also had (delicious, gooey) grilled cheese sandwiches made by Wendi, a salad from Jodi, carrots and dip from Tiffany, blueberry scones and cookies from Sarah, strawberry cheesecake from Andrea, and I made a oreo dessert as well... lots of good stuff!

I had no idea until today that you could buy tea bags that are specially made for iced tea! I was asking Sarah how she makes her iced tea (because I really like it), and she told me about the iced tea bags. They're amazing! You can make iced tea in cold water in like five minutes! (All of you out there who already knew this are going to think I'm pretty dumb...) =)

I also noticed (yes, for the first time, after living here for four months), that when the microwave stops, the digital screen says "Enjoy Your Meal", how sweet is that? =) Maybe everyone's says that, but I had never noticed before, and found it pretty amusing.

Mom, Jeff, Eric and Isaac are on their way here right now and should be cruisin' in here pretty soon. Unfortunately, Philip will hardly get to see them at all during their visit, since they leave Sunday morning, and Philip is on call all day tomorrow until Sunday.. =0/

Keenan is finally mastering the skill of putting his own pacifier back in his mouth...


Sometimes it just doesn't go in quite right..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of tea bags to make iced tea!! Wonder if you can get them in Canada?
And a microwave that has a nice phrase!! Mine only beeps!
Sounds like you've had a great day of discovery, Joia!
Cheryl