Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My Condition


I learned something new about myself yesterday. I have Hyperdontia....now, now, don't cry for me, though I will have this condition for the rest of my days, the doctor says I should be able to live a fairly normal life. We all have our crosses to bear... Okay, okay, before my mom starts freaking out... this just means that....I have an extra (supernumary) tooth! LOL! I found this out at the dentist yesterday. No one ever told me this before.... probably because it doesn't really mean much. It's still living quite comfortably up inside my gum, and will likely never make an appearance. It's not nearly as cool as having an extra spleen or something... "Sorry about your kidney, I kind of still need mine, but hey, I have an extra tooth if you're interested!"


My Camo Boys

(I put this picture down here so it wouldn't spoil the surprise)
Now if That's not a freaky smile...
The top, smaller tooth on the left hand side is my extra one

Why do I Have an x-ray of my teeth?? That was the uncool part of my visit... the dentist thinks I need to have my wisdom teeth removed, so she gave this to me to take to the oral surgeon she's referring me to... =0/

3 comments:

Mom w. said...

Hey Joia, didn't get to your blog until this morning and yes, I was thinking ~~ Oh my, why am I finding this out this way... Oh whew, nothing serious.~~ I have never seen an Xray quite like that one. It is pretty freaky. To have never had a filling and then... Boom! tell you you need your wisdom teeth out can't be too cool. The dudes are cool though, I love the 6 mos. pics. Prints for Grandma!??

Anonymous said...

OK, you will never believe this, but I too have an extra tooth. I found out when I got my wisdom teeth out. I have my extra one on the same side. It is still there and I only got my bottom two wisdom teeth taken out. I can top the extra tooth thing though, I also have an EXTRA RIB! Seriously, it is called a cervical rib and is literally in my neck. I will let you feel it next time we see you. =) How crazy is that. Love you! Keenan is too cute. Love, Jessica

Heather said...

Joia I had hyperdontia x2!! But I got that taken care of back in grade seven...

I also had the joy of discovering that I also need to get my wisdom teeth out this year. I am also not so overly keen about it :P