Thursday, August 16, 2007

Po' Folks and a Miracle... =)

We went to Po' Folks for dinner tonight. I had never been, and Philip hadn't been since he was a kid! They have "good, southern' down home cookin". Their hush puppies were probably my favorite part of the meal (but not Quite as good as the ones at Boathouse Landing). Philip asked what kind of fish came with the fish dinner, and the girl said "Grilled or Fried.. I don't know, it's just fish, I'm not sure what kind." LOL! Philip didn't trust that, so he got the country fried steak instead.

They had those peg games on the table, where you start with one peg missing, and then you jump a peg, and take that one out..until all but one peg are gone (well, that's if you're in the "Super Smart" category, as they call it, I had four left when I did it!). Anyway, Philip spent quite a while trying to figure out how to get to the "genius level", which apparently leaves 8 pegs on the board with no possible jumps left. He didn't have it figured out by the time we left, but he left the pegs on the board in that formation so, as he said, "They'll Think I'm a genius." =) I already Know he is, so who cares what they think?

When we pulled into the parking lot at the restaurant (after driving three miles), someone driving by stopped and told us that my cell phone was sitting on the trunk!! Yes, the same phone that I Just got a few days ago! Philip was not impressed, to say the least, but he got over it quickly because it was so amazing that it was still there! Thank you God for taking care of things when I do something Really Stupid!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a question...what are "hush puppies"? Guess I don't get out much!! LOL
You are so lucky that your phone was still there, Joia!!! How could that ever happen? If that was me, it would fall off and the next car would run over it!!
Cheryl B.

flakymn said...

I'm tagging you, Kristen.

See my blog for your missions - should you choose to accept it.

OH MY GOSH >>> JOIA, CHERYL NEEDS TO COME VISIT AND EAT A HUSHPUPPY!!! IS SHE A CANADIAN! :))))

CAROL, COME VISIT ME. WE CAN EAT THEM ALL NIGHT!