Thursday, August 9, 2007

New Phones

Philip and I got our new cell phones yesterday! Our other cell phone wouldn't work at the hospital, so now we have Nextel. I'm pretty excited because I've never had my Own cell phone before, Philip and I always shared. Mine is a picture phone, which is pretty cool! Philip didn't care as much about that, and can't have a picture phone anyway, since he works in the hospital.
































Keenan and I had lunch today with Sarah and Della. Rob and Sarah also live on base and have a great lake view from their back yard!
I think Sarah might get me into going to the gym. She discovered that you can take your baby with you when you work out. It's free, so I should totally go.
She apparently has a neighbor who has a brand new baby, and her husband is being deployed soon, and she's Canadian! I think Sarah is going to try "hook us up", so I can try to be of some encouragement to her. I certainly don't know what it's like to have my husband deployed, but I know what it's like to have family so far away in Canada!

I'm going walking tomorrow morning with Tiffany and Wendi. They are both taller than me (and obviously have longer legs), so we'll see how well I can keep up with Keenan in the stroller! =)

Philip is home for a couple hours this afternoon, since we have a guy coming to do a Hurricane Safety Inspection on the house. It's free, and apparently once we have it done, if we buy hurricane shutters etc., then the state will match what we pay! I just found Philip on the couch like this (he didn't change out of his uniform since he has to go back into work after the inspection).

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

hee! That looks familiar, Casey's come home for a bit too and done the same thing! (just catching up on some of your posts that I haven't seen/read yet...haven't read them all in order...lol)