Thursday, August 23, 2007

MOPS

Keenan and I went to our first MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meeting today. My friend, Andrea, got me hooked up with the group she had joined in Shalimar. It was the first time I'd ever left Keenan in a nursery, so I was a little nervous (especially when I got there, and the three other babies in the room were screaming!) Keenan's class is called "Crawling Caterpillars" (birth to crawling age), how cute is that? They gave me a pager, in case they needed to get a hold of me, and said that I could come peek in the window whenever I wanted (which I did twice). He did fine, and didn't cry at all the whole time (almost two and a half hours!) I was so proud of him!
I had a good time too. The group has about 25 people in it, and the topic for this session is "Dwell Well", how to make your home a safe, peaceful, warm place for you, your family and those who come visit. It also talks about making your home a place to enjoy, a place where needs will be ministered to, and for it to be a healthy place for your children to "launch" from. It looks like it'll be really good. I also met some really nice people, so I'm excited about the next few months at MOPS!

Here's a random cute picture:


Somebody sent me this cute video today and I thought I'd share it! It's babies singing their own version of a song from "Grease", and it's hilarious!

4 comments:

Mom W said...

That is such a cute pic. of Keenan, can you get me a print? Can't wait to hold him...

Josh, Amanda and Ethan said...

I love your random picture of Keenan.

Josh, Amanda and Ethan said...

Wow, I'm really impressed at the amount of stuff you seem to be able to fit into a week. Maybe when you are here in September you can teach me how to do it. :)

KTE said...

I Loved that photo also and would like to have a print too. I'm jealous Gr'ma W. gets to be with him so much. :-) But, glad you're going to have help!

Jessica & I started back to MOPS today too. Since Isaac is in 1st grade, & I'm officially not a "MOP" anymore, I had to return as a mentor! lol.

Our group is not quite as sophisticated with pagers & all, but it is a good group. So glad U R are now a 'fellow MOP(per)! :-)

Love, Mom E.