Saturday, July 21, 2007

A little of this and a little of that

I think this is the latest I've ever waited to post!

Today has just been a "bits and pieces" kind of day.

At 1:30, we took Keenan to Wal-Mart for his first (semi) professional photos. It went pretty well (Keenan was in a great mood), but I felt that the photographer wasn't fast enough at capturing some of his best smiles.. oh well, we did get some good pictures and I'm excited to pick them up in a couple weeks. Weird thing at Wal-Mart... the last two times I've been there, the song "Down in My Heart" (I've got the love of Jesus down in my heart...) has been playing on the cd demo machine! I thought it was kind of bizarre...

When we got home, (since we were "matching"), Philip and I took a picture of ourselves on our computer, here it is:

Oh my, something seems to have gone terribly wrong! (Maybe not, do we Really look like this in real life????) Horrors! Why has no one ever told us??
Ya, we're a good lookin' pair and we know it... LOL! This is using the photo booth option on our computer. We have so much fun with it!

(If I'm ever having a bad day and don't feel very good about how I look, then Keenan and I get on here and play around, and I convince myself that I'm not so bad looking after all!) =0)


Here's Philip cutting our... (I hesitate to call it "grass", since I think it's probably only 5% grass, and the rest is sand, weeds and random other green plants! You're probably wondering why this is on the blog, right? Well, it's not world news, but it is the first time in our married life that we've lived somewhere where we had to cut our own grass!!

So, how about that lightning storm last night? (For those of you who live around here). I don't think I've ever seen anything like that! The thunder storms I'm used to, just have random jagged streaks of lighting here and there, but this was a continuous, "lightning show" lighting up the whole sky for the better part of an hour, with soft thunder in the background. Pretty cool! I actually did some video of it, but it didn't turn out well enough to put on here.

On a completely unrelated note... I was thinking the other day about how nice it has been to not have to do any freeway driving here. I think it has been over two months since I've driven over 55mph and I couldn't be happier! In Michigan, we were on freeways (and in traffic) All the time! This is so much nicer...

This just happened right now. Keenan was bouncing in the office doorway (right behind me), listening to a "Selah" cd. All of a sudden it got really quiet, and I turned around and he had fallen asleep in his Jolly Jumper!

Okay, on to some news about my family:

My oldest brother, Tim, just called a couple hours ago with the wonderful news that their third daughter was just born at 5:40 pm (Eastern Time). Her name is Kyla Mae, and she weighs 8 pounds, 8 oz. and is 19.5 inches long. I'm dying to see her, but will have to settle for pictures, since we won't be home until the first weekend in September. I'll post pictures when I get them. Their other two daughters are, Marika (4), and Shaelyn (17 months). I think they pick the coolest names!!

I just got a new letter in the mail from my "baby" brother, Andrew (he's 24). He's currently leading a Teen Missions team to Uganda. His team is visiting several Aids Orphans Rescue Units, washing the orphan's feet, giving them shoes and socks, and telling them about Christ. This is his 7th (?) team with Teen Missions, and he has become quite the world traveler!

Okay, here's a random question: How many of you out there (truthfully, without checking online) are familiar with the word, "Xeriscape"? I had Never heard of it before today, and had no idea what it meant (until Philip looked it up)! Anyone?

3 comments:

flakymn said...

I have no idea. And I'm an English major. But, if the word is science-related, there's a reason I don't know.

Let me try JB -- he has a trivial pursuit mind.

Joia said...

Xeriscape:

a landscaping method developed especially for arid and semiarid climates that utilizes water-conserving techniques (as the use of drought-tolerant plants, mulch, and efficient irrigation)

I guess we've just "increased our word power", huh?

Anonymous said...

Hey Joia,

Mom W here, I just got to your last two parts here since we've been away most of the weekend. Your new neice is Kyla Mae and she is beatiful, done seen her myself and I ain't biased.. = ) She is already home this evening.