Thursday, July 26, 2007

It's a Wonderful Life...

I just got off the phone with a friend who's husband is contemplating joining the Air Force (or the Navy, but we don't generally say that word on this blog). She asked me "What's it like being an Air Force wife?" That's not a question that can really be answered in one or two sentences or even in five minutes. It's definitely a "different world" than civilian life, but that's not a bad thing. I don't resent the fact that certain things about our life are very different, I like it. If you Hate to move, this probably isn't the life for you, but there are a lot of great things about it. I like the fact that I've met great people from all over the country, each with different life experiences that I can learn and benefit from. Even though we don't live on base, it almost feels like we do, and I always feel very safe on the base. Sometimes it's hard (especially with Philip being gone so much), but everyone's life is hard sometimes...this is the one we chose, and I like it. Marrying someone in the military was really good for me, since I have never been a big fan of change. Change is the name of the game now, so I'm getting more used to it all the time. =)

It was a great "mail day". You know the kind.. where there's actually more in the mailbox than advertisements for stuff you don't want, or bills that you don't want to see. We got several nice cards, and I got a package from a friend in MI. I love packages! =)

I had a nice chat on the phone with Sarah, (one of the interns wives), and Keenan and I are invited over for lunch with her and her two and a half month old daughter, Della, next week. I've only met her once before (back in June), so it will be nice to catch up and give Keenan the chance to get to know a girl baby. =)

I've recently been thinking more about dogs.. Partly because John and Wendi have The World's Cutest Dalmation Puppy and partly because I was looking at dogs in the newspaper last night. I would really like to have a dog in the house, to play with, and have Keenan get used to a pet (I personally think every kid should have a dog). =) Whenever we Do get one, we probably won't get a puppy (since I don't think I could handle "two babies" at once), we'd get an adult dog who is already used to kids. I really like labs or golden retrievers, but we'll see...

I'm already getting really excited about taking our first "leave" for a trip home in September! It's going to be a completely different travel experience for us, flying with a baby, a car seat, stroller, needing a rental car,and now splitting our time between Michigan And Ontario. It will be a very full, scheduled week, but should be a ton of fun! Hopefully parts of it will actually be restful for Philip, and not too crazy...

All that to say, life is good. =)

1 comment:

flakymn said...

I vote no puppies. Stick with that idea. Potty training is required!!!