Monday, July 16, 2007

Good Southern Cookin'

Keenan and I stopped by Frank and Myrtle's to drop off a thank you for their kindness to us the other day. Myrtle invited us in for lunch, to which I happily agreed. It was the most southern meal I have ever eaten. I (and some of you will laugh at this) don't think I've ever actually eaten these foods all together, just read about meals like this in books, or seen them in movies! We had fried chicken, fried okra, fried cornbread, "zipper" peas, corn, fresh tomatoes and sweet tea. It was Very good! Maybe I'll have her teach me how to cook southern food sometime...
The sad part though, was that Keenan didn't seem to remember them from the other day and when Frank went to hold him while I ate, Keenan started Bawling!! He wasn't much happier with Myrtle (his good buddy) either! I think this means he needs to be around different people more often. I don't want him to be a "Mama's boy" and only want me. =0/

2 comments:

Josh said...

I promise that isn't a normal meal for most southerners. :)

Josh said...

p.s. This is Amanda, not Josh.